Nice to meet ya.
My name's Kels, or BelseyKurns, depending on how we've met.
I'm a marketer, graphic designer and creative currently living in Ottawa, Ontario. It was a big move from Colorado, but ultimately the smartest career move I've ever made; being somewhere without a network pushed me past my comfort zone and gave me the opportunity to stretch my creative muscles.
A few things I've dipped my toes into:
- copy editing
- managing multiple social media accounts simultaneously
- designing for web
- designing for print
- designing logos,
- building brands from scratch (aka lots of concepts)
- rebranding (aka still lots of concepts)
- selling my own art (the world of print on demand & drop shipping)
- working for start ups
- working for big corporations
- collaborative projects
- independent projects
- UI & landing page design
- SEO, PPC & Email Marketing
- email automation & segmenting (creepy, but cool)
- learning how to code (still tackling this one)
All to say: the secret to great work is to solely invest time into things you believe in. If it's important or meaningful from the get-go, the rest will fall into place.
Want to work together?
Start the conversation!
Recognize me from CreativeMornings Ottawa? 😎
I started as a guest in 2016, and have since become a Core Volunteer Team Member, helping with design, social media, comms, and day-of assistance checking-in visitors, stacking/unstacking chairs, live-tweeting and, well, you name it.